In the best interest of all stakeholders’ concern at this time of so much surrounding uncertainties brought by the covid-19 global pandemic, with very heavy heart we regretfully announce the cancellation of Kuching Marathon 2020 (KM2020) which was scheduled on 16 August 2020 as the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, officials from Sarawak Government, sponsors, partners, service providers, Police, Malaysian Army, Rela, DBKU, MBKS, medic team consists of Sarawak State Health Department, Sarawak General Hospital, Military Medic, Fire and Rescue Department of Malaysia, Angkatan Pertahanan Awam, St. John Ambulance and Malaysian Red Crescent Society are our top priority.
All registered participants of KM2020 in the categories of Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10KM run will have their registration automatically deferred to Kuching Marathon 2021 (KM2021) which will take place on 8 August 2021. All Full Marathon participants of KM2020 registered via GBS2020 online registration portal will also have their registration automatically deferred to KM2021.
We are unable to accommodate any request for refund but when KM2021 is open for online registration, participant will be allowed to transfer registration should you not be able to take part in KM2021. Participant will also be allowed to upgrade category (by topping up the differential sum between the two different categories) or downgrade category (with no refund of the differential sum) and change of other details.
In the event that the organising of GBS2021 is confirmed by GBS partners, the Full Marathon participants of KM2020 will be allowed to upgrade to GBS2021 by topping up the differential sum.
Thank you for your great understanding and support and we look forward to seeing you on 8-8-2021. Stay Safe !
Good decision in the interest of ALL... stay safe...see you next year!
Thanks for the official announcement since we already expected the outcome of the event. It's tough for everybody but then public health is no. 1 priority at the moment. In 2021 we shall see each other..
Ya, good early decision. Hope to see all runners next year
Thank you Kuching Marathon. 🙏
Alhamdulillah. Good decisions by KM organisers. See you next year.
Thank u KM2020. Jumpa tahun depan♥️
see you next year...2021💪
See you next year 👍
No refund..jadi no need to fill any fotm or send email to KM2020 lh ni..just carry on..
See you next year...,🤝
Thanks for the early confirmation. Now I can rearrange my leaves and cancel it back! See ya in 2021!
it's for the best really. hope everything is okay next year
No refund option?
how about if for those can't take part on 2021? the registration fee will be burst like that?
Can I register in 2021 for the KUMAR21?
See you guys next year !!!
Will we receive any confirmation email on the defer for the program?
KUCHING: Organisers of the Kuching Marathon 2020 are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation and hoping for the best. Race director Liew Tang Chieh said Kuching Marathon Association (KMA) will make a decision latest in June whether to go ahead with it in conjunction with the annual Kuching Festiva...
Director general of health already advise not to go crowded place atleast a year,what is there to 'closely monitor'? km is a crowded event especially at start and finish line.
Postpone it to next year
yes. plez put safety 1st. there is always next year. we will be back. cat medal ftw!
Better cancel any event that involved huge participants like this. Dont take any risks. This pandemic wont settle in a short time. You guys got 3 month to tell the runners n dont make decision last minutes. Better be safe now.
Harap boleh fikirkan bersama kaedah norma baru penganjuran marathon.
Kalau situasi okay, KM2020 boleh ditunda ke hujung tahun
So any update from you guys ? Its already 1st may , kuching marathon cancel or postponed? Refund or carry forward? Please make the decision fast .
I was going to join but I guess i’ll wait for the situation to get better or maybe the next year if it’s still on.
Just postpone it. You're just showing your profiteering nature.
It’s timely for the organisers of Kuching Marathon 2020 to provide an update on the status of KM2020 out of concerns over COVID-19.
With 22 weeks to go, the organisers are closely following up the development of the outbreaks and evaluating its impact on the event before making decision on whether the event will proceed on schedule on original date i.e. 16 August 2020 or to be postponed or to be cancelled.
We will take timely approach in making a decision which will best serve the needs and interests of all stakeholders bearing in mind that the safety and well-being of everyone including runners, officials, volunteers and spectators is our top priority.
We appreciate your patience, continuous understanding and support during this period of uncertainty.
Note: KM2020 portal is suspended for online registration for the time being until further notice.